Leaders need to stay mentally sharp to effectively lead their teams. Here are seven things that truly strong leaders never, ever do.
- They don’t mask their insecurities, but instead maintain their humility and acknowledge their mistakes and weaknesses.
- They don’t go overboard with their emotions. Instead of suppressing their feelings, real leaders stay aware of how their emotions influence their behavior.
- They accept criticism with open arms. Instead of protecting a fragile ego, mentally strong leaders take unfavorable feedback and use it to improve their processes.
- They take responsibility for their actions. When a good CEO messes up, they apologize with sincerity and accept the consequences of their behavior.
- They don’t mistake kindness for weakness. Offering extended bereavement leave isn’t letting your employees take advantage of you – it’s a common courtesy.
- They don’t confuse confidence with arrogance. Though they’re sure of themselves, a good leader recognizes the necessity and competence of their team. They don’t put themselves over others.
- They don’t fear other people’s success. When someone else is doing great things, they know that it doesn’t diminish their own accomplishments.
Source: Inc.com 12/12/2017