Here are a few simple things you can do to prevent your server and network equipment from overheating and crashing this summer:
- Tidy up the server room; a neater room will increase air- flow.
- Keep the doors to the server room closed and seal off the space.
- Make sure cold air reaches all the equipment.
- Have a redundant A/C that is specifically designed for computers.
- Buy a rack enclosure where the cooling is built into the bottom of the rack.
- Keep the temperature at no more than 77 degrees Fahr- enheit.
- Consider virtualization or cloud computing so that you are generating a lower amount of heat in the first place.